We will run ComboFix.
You need to disable
your Symantec/Norton Antivirus
, Spyware Doctor
and Spybot Teatimer
before running ComboFix
, as they will prevent it from running. To disable Norton Antivirus:
Please navigate to the system tray on the bottom right hand corner and look for a
- right-click it -> chose "Disable Auto-Protect."
- select a duration of 5 hours (this assures no interference with the cleanup of your pc)
- click "Ok."
- a popup will warn that protection will now be disabled and the sign will now look like this:
You succesfully disabled the Norton Antivirus Guard.To disable Spybot's Teatimer:
Go to the Mode menu, and make sure "Advanced Mode" is selected
On the left hand side, choose Tools -> Resident
Uncheck "Resident TeaTimer" and OK any promptsTo disable Spyware Doctor from running on your system startup:
1. First, disable the OnGuard Tools. This way, when you exit Spyware Doctor, these tools won't stay resident in the background.
2. Click the "Settings" button on the left side.
3. Click the "Startup Settings" link.
4. Uncheck "Run at Windows Startup".
5. Click the "Apply" button.
Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix
Be sure to install the Windows XP Recovery Console
in case you have not installed it yet. <== IMPORTANT
Post the ComboFix log
. Do not attach any log you post, as that makes it hard to read.
Edited by SifuMike, 14 February 2008 - 12:00 AM.