Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mcafee Site Advisor

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Holy Moses

Holy Moses

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:28 AM

So Siteadvisor (McAfee's internet software) will not load. I tried downloading a new version of it from my McAfee account, but I was told that I had to uninstall the old version and install the new.

The problem is that I cannot get the uninstall program to load. Every time I try to open any program in the siteadvisor folder, I get a message that it cannot be initialized.

This is new to me, any suggestions out there?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 10 February 2008 - 06:46 AM

Have you tried doing it from Safe Mode?
How to start Windows in Safe Mode
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:24 PM

Hello Holy Moses,

I see that you have posted a Hijackthis log here and that you are in the process of receiving help.

You should refrain from asking for help from others while you are being instructed by the HJT Team, helping you with a Hijackthis Log. Any modifications you make can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Furthermore, following advice outside of that post may cause confusion for the Helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

If you followed any other advice already, please ensure you inform the HJT Helper when they respond to assist you with your log. This will help them know what has been done and they probably will ask for an updated log.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.
If you have any questions, please PM me or another Moderator.

Edited by TMacK, 10 February 2008 - 12:27 PM.
Grammer...

Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users