Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

This Is Scary, Need Major Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bonggor

bonggor

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:27 AM

My computer did not caught a virus or anything.. it appears this way as of now. But about a week ago, Windows applications and softwares started to disappear on itself. Functions such as: Search, WMP, all the Games files, MS Paint, the sndvol32.exe, and more started to disappear one by one.. I'm thinking about reformatting my computer as this is the only way to fix it.

Has anyone ever had this problem on their computer? I'm frightened in how it keeps making my software disappearing... I need some major help please. =(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 madman6510

madman6510

• Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:49 AM

Are you sure it's not a virus? Do an online scan at http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ and post back the results.

#3 OleGreyGhost

OleGreyGhost

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 10 February 2008 - 03:12 AM

Hi,
Try madmans' suggestion just to make sure it isn't a virus.
Then use scandisk to see if there are any problems with your hard drive.
Let us know how you made out.
Regards, OleGreyGhost
IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs) ^ Memory: 2048MB RAM Kingston PC 3200 CL3
Epox 4PLAI (Rev 1.3) Breeds Hill Chipset ^ AwardBIOS v6.00PG ^ 2x200Gig HD(4 logical drives)
eVga GeForce 7800 GS (AGP) Mem: 256 MB GDDR3 DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Operating Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (Oem)
ZA Security Suite^Spyware Detector^Max Reg Cleaner^Ad Aware 2007^Spybot S&D and CCleaner.

#4 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 10 February 2008 - 03:17 AM

Hi bonggor, Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I don't have an answer to your question but I kind of want to follow this thread because I have had something like this happen to me and I never did find out what had caused it.

I see that you had a problem with either a Trojan or a Virus back about eight months ago. Maybe it's time for you to post another HJT log in the HJT forum and see if that virus has returned.

Wendy
TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

Do Unto Others Before They Have A Chance To Do Unto You.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users