Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Apdproxy.exe And Connapi.dll

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bgg30

bgg30

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:34 PM

When I boot up my computer I am getting an error message which reads apdproxy.exe will not operate because ConnAPI.DLL was not found. After an Internet search, I found apdproxy.exe is attached to Photoshop Elements 6 which I recently installed. Also during the search I found some sites that indicated that apdproxy.exe is not necessary. I searched for ConnAPI.DLL and could not locate it on my machine. Is this DLL necessary and is it necessary for apdproxy.exe to start for Photoshop Elements 6 to work properly or is it not necessary? Because I just installed the program I have not had a chance to try it out. If apdproxy.exe is not necessary for the program to work properly then how can I stop this error message from occuring? Any help would be much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:57 PM

Hello bgg30 and welcome to BC :flowers:

I have done a bit of hunting on the Adobe website, and I have found a solution to your problem.

The .exe file looks for a variety of software to work with and link to when it loads up at start-up. A glitch with the program causes it to create this error message even when you don't have the software installed that contains that file. Adobe has posted how to fix this here.

Please note that the .exe file is necessary to download pictures and so forth, but it is NOT necessary to have it run at start-up.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 bgg30

bgg30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2008 - 09:52 AM

Orange Blossom

Thank you for the reply but when I follow your link it tells me that the XML Page cannot be displayed. Could you post the URL to the fix? Maybe I will be able to access it that way. Thank you again for your help.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,866 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2008 - 10:40 AM

I just tried the link, worked fine for me, URL is http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...1&sliceId=1

Louis

Edited to correct erroneous link posted by me :thumbsup:, thanks.

Edited by hamluis, 10 February 2008 - 04:04 PM.

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,723 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:34 PM

Luis, your link goes to something about Arabic languages and is not the link I posted.

The one I posted is this: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...1&sliceId=1

The link works fine for me.

bgg30, to find the URL in a link on BC, click on the quote button under the post to find the code that underlies the link.

In this case the code is this:

[url=http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb403011&sliceId=1][color=#0000FF][b]here[/b][/color][/url]

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#6 bgg30

bgg30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:59 PM

Thank you Orange Blossom. The link worked fine. I will make the changes. I'm new to the forum and haven't mastered it completely yet.

#7 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,723 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:06 PM

Your welcome bgg30. We've all been new here at one time. :thumbsup: The New User Orientation Forum will help you become acquainted with the forums here. Welcome aboard. You might want to explore the tutorials also. Near the top of the screen is a tab labeled Tutorials. There's heaps of good information there about computers. I've learned a lot there.

Orange Blossom :flowers:

Orange Blossom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users