Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Port Of Hamburg At Sundown

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 09 February 2008 - 03:33 PM

I was talking to TG about this in the desktop thread. I have gotten meself the Nikon D40 and am new to the whole photography thingy and was playing around tonight. Finally uploaded it. Word of caution - the slideshow has 55 pics *cough* :thumbsup:

http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l84/SillyGerman/privat/Photography/Hafen/?action=view&current=a9ee3e1e.pbw

There are sometimes the same pics twice. That is because i was playing with flash / no flash :flowers:

*Yourhighness hopes some may like

*cough a working link would help...

Edited by Yourhighness, 09 February 2008 - 03:44 PM.

"How did I get infected?" - "Safe-hex" - Member of UNITE -
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 09 February 2008 - 04:31 PM

You've got some nice images there, Yourhighness.
I think individual images, instead of a slideshow, would have been better.
They flash by too quick, to be able to really give them, a good look. :thumbsup:

Edited by tg1911, 09 February 2008 - 04:32 PM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2008 - 04:48 PM

Hey tg1911,

I ve edited the slideshow, but I cannot set the time frame a slide slides by by (lol I hope that makes sense). I have attached a few thumbnails to my favourite shots:

-edited to remove unnecessary double postings of pictures -

Edited by Yourhighness, 14 April 2008 - 10:36 AM.

Posted Image

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:09 PM

Those are some of my favorites, also.
I think I like the last 2, the best.
Really nice colors.

You could do away with the slideshow, set the folder public, and let people scroll through the images at their own pace.
Just a thought. :thumbsup:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

#5 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:18 PM

if you walking library guide me (I am always astonished what wide spread knowledge you have), I am more than happy to do that lol. I am just glad I know how to upload pics there and make somekind of a slideshow. I thought you can only make everything private or public. Thats why I chose the former :thumbsup: .

Edited by Yourhighness, 09 February 2008 - 05:31 PM.

Posted Image

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2008 - 06:03 PM

You're right, your entire album would have to be made public.
There is a work-around though.
Create a new account, to be used for images you want to make public, like these. :thumbsup:

#7 DASOS

DASOS

Malware hunter

• Security Colleague
  • 1,662 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 10 February 2008 - 01:52 AM

Nice photos Yohi!! I also like the last 2.

(Strange looking trees though). :thumbsup:

#8 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:18 AM

You're right, your entire album would have to be made public.
There is a work-around though.
Create a new account, to be used for images you want to make public, like these. :inlove:

Ah ok, thanks tg. I might do that if I get around doing some more photos :flowers:

(Strange looking trees though). :thumbsup:

Yeah I know. Weird thing the port is full of them :trumpet:

Thanks guys.

Edited by Yourhighness, 10 February 2008 - 02:18 AM.

Posted Image

#9 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:27 AM

I forgot to mention something, Yourhighness.
If you make your pictures public, you should watermark them, before uploading them.
That way, no one can steal your images for other uses, and claim them as their own.

Here's an easy to use, freeware program, that I've used before:
Picture-Shark

Edited by tg1911, 10 February 2008 - 11:28 AM.

#10 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2008 - 03:01 PM

hey tg, i use faststone resizer. that also has a watermark option. i just found this:

When your main album is set to "Public," you will then be able to change the permissions of your sub albums. Simply click on the small "people" icon that is located next to the rename and delete icons on the album edit page.

http://tutorials.photobucket.com/tutorial_183.html

To seperate my photography from stuff I upload for my forum work here and else where, I have decided to place them here: http://photo.mytidbits.de

I found a for me much easier way: Umark Lite. Allows 50 pictures at once being watermarked and you have little drawbacks to the full software. Although 18 USD shouldnt be too much to fork out.

Edited by Yourhighness, 14 April 2008 - 10:37 AM.

Posted Image

#11 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:24 PM

To seperate my photography from stuff I upload for my forum work here and else where, I have decided to place them here: http://photo.mytidbits.de

Ok, seems I was a bit daft in the usage of picture-shark :thumbsup:.

Since we had the first nice weekends in ages, I ve been out and about today and yesterday and made some more pics. I ve also added some I did a while ago. Being a bit of a neat-structured geek, I made the effort of deleting all uploaded pics and reorganising them in different sub-categories to better keep an overview for uploads and stuff.

Thanks to TG I now have em properly watermarked too. Never know what happens with your pics otherwise these days :>. Hope you like some of em.

YoHi

-edit- due to the possibility of using the PB features available with public accounts against my will, I have changed the hosting situation / provision of pictures.
You may now click on the above domain, chose the kind of pictures you want to view from the categories and then enjoy :flowers:

Edited by Yourhighness, 14 April 2008 - 10:42 AM.

Posted Image

#12 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2008 - 12:28 AM

I put some new pics up and revamped the subdomain. looks a bit better, but not 100% of how to feed it with details yet lol :thumbsup:.

Posted Image

#13 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:15 PM

With the Cruisedays' passed and spending a bit of time with my friend taking pictures with our "new toys" Nikon DSLRs, I redid the page once again and this time it actually worked the way it should have last time in may :thumbsup:.

Posted Image

#14 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2008 - 03:54 PM

You're getting pretty good with that camera, Yourhighness.
Nice shots.

#15 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:35 AM

Thanks tg. Still need to read the manual :thumbsup:. My friend just recently bought himself a Nikon too and he knows more about the buttons on the camera than I do :flowers:. Kinda gets addictive. You start searching for the "perfect picture" while you are on a roadtrip ^^. Found some great many places we want to go to at sundown again one these days.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users