Why are you updating your USB drivers, any specific problems? If you have SP2 installed you shouldn't have to worry about it
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
1. Restart the computer.
2. Open Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.
3. Click to select the Show updates check box
4. Scroll down the list to locate the update that you were trying to install when Windows stopped responding.
5. Click the Remove button next to that update, and then follow the steps to remove the update.
6. Download and then install the 885894 update that is described in this article.
7. Restart the computer, and then install the update that previously could not be installed.
Edited by garmanma, 09 February 2008 - 06:03 PM.
why won't my laptop work?
Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook