Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lots Of Problems

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Christoph182

Christoph182

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 09 February 2008 - 01:54 PM

Hey guys, I'm pretty sure my computer is filled with spyware. Ads keep popping up saying I have critical errors that were found and to click on the link to clean it up. This is obviously a popup. What can I download to get rid of all of this. I have a registry cleaner on my computer and I did a scan. But to fix the errors I need to pay. So is there any free programs? I can post a hijack this log. I also know of spytbot, and ad-aware. Is there anything else I can do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 D_Vincent

D_Vincent

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:55 PM

Fist thing is to clean up disk on your computer.

Try doing an online scan at bitdefender online virus scanner...it will ask you to install a few things while doing it however its ok to so.
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

I also use spybot and adaware however i also have used superantispyware and Asquared...I suggest trying them.

superantipyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Asquared free...they may ask for email on trial versions...just use a yahoo email or gmail or something.
http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

Also check out the rest of there products as they usually have a fully funtional 30 day trial period.
http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/

Hope this helps a bit.

Edited by D_Vincent, 09 February 2008 - 10:21 PM.

#3 D_Vincent

D_Vincent

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2008 - 03:06 PM

Sorry about the double post however I wanted to add this info as well

I forgot to ask what version of windows your using...I had pop up problems when I was using windows 2000 however now that im using XP its not as bad.

I would suggest downloading pop up stopper because it works...it will block all pop ups and even new windows opening after clicking links however with a simple press of the Ctrl button on keyboard the program will allow the new window/pop up to be allowed to open...excellent program.

Reviewed and recommended by: USA TODAY, Time Magazine, CNN, Maximum PC Magazine,The Wall Street Journal, Los Angeles Times, PC World Magazine, Maximum PC Magazine, and was also listed on -THE NEW YORK TIMES bestseller list -Business/software

Download the free version here

http://www.panicware.com/product_psfree.html

Edited by D_Vincent, 09 February 2008 - 03:08 PM.

#4 Christoph182

Christoph182
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2008 - 07:47 PM

hey, I should have said this in the earlier post but Im trying to run some of the programs you've selected but my computer keeps on resetting by itself at random times. How can Is top that?

#5 D_Vincent

D_Vincent

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2008 - 09:26 PM

Not sure why it would be resetting...was it resetting before you tried any of the programs i suggested...just wondering.

Have you tried running system restore to an earlier date...i would try that if you can...Im running XP...what version of windows are you using.

If its XP your using then try this...

Click Start, Programs, and then Accessories
Click System Tools and open System Restore
In the System Restore window, select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next and follow the steps to restore your computer to an earlier date.

Hopefully your computer wont reset after this then you can get to the bitdfender online scanner and do that scan then download superantispyware.

Forget about Aquared for now...dont want to download to much right now.

What version of windows do you have?

Also when you post tell me what programs i suggested to you that you used and tell me what has happened in detail if you can please.

Edited by D_Vincent, 09 February 2008 - 09:38 PM.

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,722 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2008 - 10:14 PM

Hello Christoph182 and welcome to BC :flowers:

Hey guys, I'm pretty sure my computer is filled with spyware. Ads keep popping up saying I have critical errors that were found and to click on the link to clean it up.

Can you describe these pop-ups? What programs are they wanting you to download? Knowing this will help us identify what is infecting your computer.

I have a registry cleaner on my computer and I did a scan. But to fix the errors I need to pay.

Registry cleaners more often cause damage than help unless you know exactly what you are doing. I managed to destroy my Adobe Suite by using one to such an extent it wouldn't even load. Fortunately, I had backed up the registry so I was unable to reverse the damage.

What is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista etc.?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#7 Christoph182

Christoph182
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2008 - 10:35 AM

I am running the windows XP Pro version I think. When I tried to do the online scan it kept n automatically resetting my computer (don't know if that is what caused it though) but there on after my computer keeps resetting at random times. There is always a pop up that says "savedump.exe" is corrupted. There is also another one that looks like it from windows where it tells you your computer is infected and click here to fix it (I know obviously this is another popup and not a message from the OP).

#8 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,722 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:00 PM

Hello Christoph182,

What do you mean by "resetting the computer?"

What are the colors of the pop-ups? Any distinctive symbols?

At this point, I would suggest doing a scan with SUPERAntiSpyware in Safe Mode. You will, of course, install it in normal mode. If you have problems downloading directly on your computer, you can download the program to a disk or thumb/flash drive on a different computer, then install the program on your computer from the disk or drive.

Download and install SUPERAntiSpyware free found here: http://www.superantispyware.com/superantis...efreevspro.html

Be sure to click on the download button to the left, not on the free trial download on the right.

Install it and double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.
It will ask if you want to update the program definitions, click Yes.
Under Configuration and Preferences, click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked:
o Close browsers before scanning
o Scan for tracking cookies
o Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
o Please leave the others unchecked.
o Click the Close button to leave the control center screen.
Reboot into Safe Mode
On the main screen, under Scan for Harmful Software click Scan your computer.
On the left check C:\Fixed Drive.
On the right, under Complete Scan, choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click Next to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete a summary box will appear. Click OK.
Make sure everything in the white box has a check next to it, then click Next.
It will quarantine what it found and if it asks if you want to reboot, click Yes.
Reboot into Normal Mode
To retrieve the removal information for me please do the following:
o After reboot, double-click the SUPERAntispyware icon on your desktop.
o Click Preferences. Click the Statistics/Logs tab.
o Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
o It will open in your default text editor (such as Notepad/Wordpad).
o Please highlight everything in the notepad, then right-click and choose copy.
Click close and close again to exit the program.

Please post the log in your next reply.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users