Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound On The System

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 EL MAJE

EL MAJE

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 09 February 2008 - 01:13 PM

Hi there,

Well, I have another problem, my friend just got a new pc w/o OS, so I installed windows XP, he got the computer
from Comp USA but the pc had no OS, once I installed Windows XP Pro. I notice that the system does not have sound
the sound card is already installed on the pc..the Motherboard is an Intel. my question is, do I need to search for
the Drivers under Motherboard brand over the internet? and if that the case where can I get all the info for this motherboard?
I went to Bios and the only specs that I found regarding the motherboard was Intel number of the Motherboard which is IDQ9656F ...Product name..DQ9656F...Firmware V.2.0.5.1124 and version AAD41676-305, Is this the info I need to look
for the drivers? I also have the S/N of the motherboard. Or there's something else that I need to do to get the sound working?

Thanks guys!! :thumbsup:

Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 13 February 2008 - 12:31 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 09 February 2008 - 01:21 PM

Download and run S.I.W. It will give you all sorts of info on the internals of the system. It will also indicate whether it's onboard sound or a soundcard. That determines where you will search for the download
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 lhamil64

lhamil64

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 10 February 2008 - 04:25 PM

have you tried looking in device manager? This is were i got the information for drivers when i reinstalled on an old computer.

#4 jase07

jase07

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:42 PM

you have to install the MB driver in order for your PC to work properly.

#5 EL MAJE

EL MAJE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:15 PM

Download and run S.I.W. It will give you all sorts of info on the internals of the system. It will also indicate whether it's onboard sound or a soundcard. That determines where you will search for the download
Mark

Thank you for the link Mark ...I'll download that software. :thumbsup:

#6 EL MAJE

EL MAJE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:17 PM

have you tried looking in device manager? This is were i got the information for drivers when i reinstalled on an old computer.

Yes I did try device Manager, but the problem is that the pc do not have internet access. :thumbsup:

#7 EL MAJE

EL MAJE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:40 PM

you have to install the MB driver in order for your PC to work properly.

Thanks for your info Jase!! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users