Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mail

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 La Princess

La Princess

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 09 March 2005 - 08:06 PM

I have several gmail, which is alright...I use them for Yahoo groups, because of the large amount of email from them. I also have a my way account (not so sure about this one) I also have the basic (free) Incredimail. ??? I don't want to use Outlook Express (is that the right name? it is too difficult). I am thinking of getting a new one not cutesy, no adds, plenty of megs etc. any suggestions?

La Princess

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 09 March 2005 - 08:15 PM

Yahoo and Hotmail come to mind but I'm sure that you have thought of them. There are many scam emails out there so if one of them wants you to download something in order to use it take a pass.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2005 - 08:50 PM

If you want to avoid OExpress, then may I suggest you take a look at Thunderbird, a free open source Email client from the wonderful folks at Mozilla. I myself use the Mozilla suite (brower and email client). Either one will work with POP Email. Personally I prefer Gmail and my ISP account for handling the massive kinds of Emails from Yahoo groups, and use Mozilla for both. (Myway doesn't support anything but web viewing of Emails.) You can read about Thunderbird and download (it is of course free) from:
http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 La Princess

La Princess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 09 March 2005 - 09:13 PM

Thanks so much John, much appreciated :thumbsup: I guess I will stick with it the way I have it, as the saying goes the "If it ain't broken...." :flowers:

Take Care,

~Tammy~

#5 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 09 March 2005 - 09:25 PM

LaPrincess I really have to say I just installed Thunderbird myself.
Whata dream compared to OUTLOOK and/or OUTLOOK EXPRESS!

Seriously, after a couple years of disgust/distrust of the dang OE,
I finally have found a good alternative, and the last several days have reinforced my initial feelings. It was easy to set up POP3 download either automatically (I don't favor that) or on demand. Once downloaded the emails I can sort, shift around, delete or whatever to my heart's content. A lot I leave with the google & Yahoo servers, also.

Big file attachments, like mp3, I leave "up there", since I do not need them "back down"

I just leave OE alone, and uninstalled Outlook itself from the MS Office Suite.
Simply.
Easy.

Post more for details, if it works .... maybe it can work better.
Fundamentally.

:thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2005 - 09:34 PM

Thunderbird is certainly an improvement over Incrudimail, and over the two Outlooks. You can keep Thunderbird as simple as the original download, or add extensions to tailor it to your own specific needs.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users