Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Macromedia Flash HELP!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 09 March 2005 - 08:02 PM

Okay, I got this nice little game i found and i've downloaded it and i play it when i can. At school we have this game as well and everyone plays it in our spare time, and we save the game from the hard drive to the "server" (our own little folders we get for our projects and what not) and copy the folder "C:\documents and settings\(name)\application data\Macromedia\" to our server and the next day we come in we paste it back onto the computer (b/c they wipe them daily). So I'm trying to get my game to save, and when i click save no file is generated (C:\documents and settings\yanowhiz\application data\macromedia\flash player\local host\documents and settings\yanowhiz\extract\mark's junk\defend your castle.swf\) and at school there is a file that is there, (of course, not with the same username), however, my computer won't generate this file. How can I save this game? plez help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2005 - 09:07 PM

Maybe you should, if the game has a "save as" or "save to" option, set up a separate folder on your hard drive and save it to there.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2005 - 09:10 PM

it doesn't allow you to chose where its saved at... :thumbsup:

i've been playing around with this thing a little bit, and if i save the "website" onto my desktop and open it up with firefox agian while working offline it saves it, but i wanna be able to play it inside "flash player."

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2005 - 09:15 PM

Is the game actually installed on your computer or are you playing it on the net?
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2005 - 09:15 PM

i'm playing it from a file on my desktop, its a flash game. its not installed b/c you can't install flash games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users