Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Msn Messenger Trojan

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 heresajambo

heresajambo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:45 AM

a contact of mine keeps trying to send a picture file that we both know is infected I decline to accept but we are unable to remove from his computer any help on this would be most gratefull

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 09 February 2008 - 06:27 AM

Hi; a few comments to start with

I am concerned that you seem to be continuing to MSN with a friends computer you know to be infected; a first rule surely is to stop responding TO that contact , close the connection and delete their contact from your computer until you know their machine is clean

I also suggest you tell us what tools you have on your computer and when last run, to ensure you too have NOT gotten infected already from this :thumbsup:

next; if they have a known infection on there you ( and anyone else)really cannot receive any emails from them as you risk getting infected from them

my suggestion would be to get them to register here if they wish or at any of the reputable malware sites to get his computer checked out; then we can offer them , via the forum site, specific tools to try to find what and where the infection IS and clean it if possible :flowers:

#3 heresajambo

heresajambo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 09 February 2008 - 08:01 AM

after using my security i know iam not infected and have taken your advice in suggesting contact joins this forum thanks

#4 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 09 February 2008 - 08:30 AM

thanks :flowers: hopefully he will register soon and start the work needed to get cleaned up :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users