Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some Dvds Wont Play

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 unnnies

unnnies

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:32 AM

Yesterday, I was watching Lotr: The Fellowship of the Rings on my computer. I watch the first half of the move and it's awesome. Then I am prompted to put the second disk in to see the second half, so i put it in... and the second disk WILL NOT PLAY. I tried to use all the players i have (which are windows media player, interactual player, and intervideo windvd 7) over and over but either they crashed right away, played it choppy for 10 seconds then crashed, or froze. needless to say, i freaked out. :thumbsup: Then i calmed down and i put the first disk back in, it worked fine. i tried a few other dvds (all of which i have watched on my laptop many times before) and arbitrarily some play great and some have the same results as my lotr second disk. i found this odd so i tried a few cds and all of them worked fine.

i also got this error a few times:

unable to initialize the update.dat

i recently updated:

java, adobe flash player plugin

my antivirus software recently detected and "deleted":

downloader

i tried:

a system restore, a disk defrag, and poking around some settings

i don't really know what to do. any advice would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users