Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vundo Kicking My Butt

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 seranade123

seranade123

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:45 PM

OKay - I thought I removed virtumonde back in December - all was good - but I'm back infected.

Symptoms include not being able to run a full virus scan to completion without a crash - awarealert se 2007 has detected the files and registry entries. HOwever. adwarealert can not perform a deep scan without crashing - I can not even reinstall mcafee without a scan and Mcafee crashes too.

I've tried deleting the registry files - but they come back so there is a hidden component somewhere.

I'm stuck - I can identify some of the files but, not all of the op. processes. Remove Vundo and Vundofix crash my computer too. When I thought I was smooth sailing in December - both of those apps worked just fine.

Help is appreciated.

Karen

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:47 PM

Hello is ths an XP machine?
Have you tried to run the already installed apps, eg VundoFix from safe mode?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 seranade123

seranade123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:49 PM

yes, I have xp - I did try to run all virus apps from safe mode - however, I can not get to my regular desktop and applications from safemode. I also have a profile issue that ms hive fixed once but subsequently is not working.

I can not run any anti-virus apps from safemode.

Edited by seranade123, 08 February 2008 - 09:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users