Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Keeps Rebooting After Working For 3 Days....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MaMister

MaMister

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 07:48 PM

Hi all, I installed Vista on a WinXP hard disk but on another partition and it boot up ok.

I set the boot up menu to XP first and it boot up on both OS ok.

After 3 days, this morning it just keeps rebooting... Can't even reach the screen where the OS selection is.

I didn't install any new software or hardware for sure, what could be the reason? Anyway to fix it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 enos

enos

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:42 AM

Are you getting any error messages at all? If the computer boots and then just reboots before it can load the OS selection screen it may be some kind of hardware error. This could be a bad hard drive or some other hardware component. You may also want to check your BIOS settings and the device boot sequence.

In my experience if the Master Boot Record is harmed on a hard drive you will usually get an error message stating that no suitable OS can be found or some other similar message. This can rarely happen because of a virus but once it does I know of no way to fix it other than to reload the OS. You CAN recover the data from the disk before you reload the OS.

#3 MaMister

MaMister
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2008 - 06:09 AM

Hmm, I will try on a new hard disk and update here... Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users