Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Window Will Not Instali

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 andrewe_66

andrewe_66

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 05:55 PM

I am building a computer from parts purchased.

Mother Board DFI PM10-EL

Hard Drives of varying sizes

Trying to install Windows XP it will not because it shows that every HD only has 7GB. The Bios is set up correctly. Any Ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 06:55 PM

Are you getting error messages of some sort? Have you reformatted the disk on which you are trying to install XP? A little more info would be helpful. "It will not" doesn't tell us anything since there is ample room to install Windows XP on 7 gigs, so I do not think that is the reason why it will not install. What specifically is happening.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:06 PM

Are the jumpers on the hard drives set properly?

How many drives are attached...and why? You need to attach one as the boot drive, install XP...and add the others later. Minimize the scope of the problem.

I've not heard of 7GB limitation ever.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users