Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Display Driver Igfx

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 joelp21

joelp21

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:22 PM

I have noticed that when I play WoW that my screen will flicker black. I have been told by many people that the drivers for my video card are outdated and to download the new ones. Well I have tried that. But as soon as it begins to install the drivers I get the Error message: "The Driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computers manufacturer." I am getting this driver from the Intel website. The video card on my laptop is the Intel 945GM Express chipset family. Is there another way to do this. Please help.....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:36 PM

Two questions?

What make and model is your laptop?

And a link to the driver that won't install, please?
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 joelp21

joelp21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2008 - 01:39 PM

I have a Gateway MT6831. I was able to get around that problem but here is what the new problem seems to be: I have went through all the threads where people are getting the intermittent black screens on Wow. I also know that it says that the IGFX driver stopped responding and recovered. I know it is a problem with the Intel 945gm express chipset. Here is my complaint: I have a Laptop which is the Gateway MT6831. It is running the intel chipset 945gm. I have tried to do all of these updates and all this othere stuff that it wont allow me to do or just wont work. When I am actually able to get an update to work, my problem is that there is no neutral ground. I have to use the FN key on my laptop to change the volume or screen brightness. Well if I get one of these updates to work then the little window that shows the volume/brightness level becomes all distorted where I cant see anything. So either I can play wow or I can just have an annoying ass problem like this. It seems really stupid that I when I buy a brand new laptop and the drivers are 2 yrs old it just doesnt make sense to me. So does anyone have a fix for this at all?

Also the driver on the Gateway website is dated on 4-24-07. I think this driver may possibly help me but when I try to follow the instructions to install it when I get to the command prompt screen it just opens really quick then closes with out me being able to install or anything. Here is the link: http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers...p;uid=186545553

#4 joelp21

joelp21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2008 - 01:43 PM

Also the driver I am trying to download is build 1147 even though that is the same build as the one I have just dated like 6 months before. I need Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (build number 1187) or higher for this to work. But I do not want to lose the ability to be able to change my volume/brightness control. Because when I install the latest one from Intel that is what happens. I am still able to change it but the image showing it is distorted so I do not know what the level is set on.

#5 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:22 PM

when I get to the command prompt screen it just opens really quick then closes with out me being able to install or anything.

the gateway driections for that driver from your link

Overview

This is the Windows Vista 32-bit video driver for the computers listed in the Applicable Part Numbers section of this document.

Installation

After you have downloaded and double-clicked the file D20041-002-001, files self-extract and copy into the C:\Cabs\D20041-002-001 folder on the hard drive.

1. From the Start menu, in the Start Search field, type: C:\Cabs\D20041-002-001\preinstall.cmd, and then press ENTER.

2. In the User Account Control dialog box, click Allow/Continue.

3. Follow all onscreen instructions to complete the installation.

Chewy

#6 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:29 PM

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_res...mp;submit=Go%21

this looks newer but if you ever get it fixed don't change it till it breaks again
Chewy

#7 joelp21

joelp21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:24 PM

I had tried following those directions but they didnt work.

#8 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:45 PM

C:\Cabs\D20041-002-001\preinstall.cmd

did you copy and paste that exactly, highlight and then press enter

I think I will retire from computing when I have to give up XP and go to vista
Chewy

#9 joelp21

joelp21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:57 PM

Yes I did it exactly. It does exactly what I said earlier the window will pop up then close. I have now updated my driver to the one intel released on 1-10-08. And like i said before the volume/brightness control image is now distorted and will not show the level. Microsoft update says there is an update to my intel 945gm drivers and if i update it then it will just revert me back to the original driver and I will continue to get the intermittent screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users