Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can Receive Email In Outlook But Cant Send Email.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 D_Vincent

D_Vincent

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:25 AM

Can receive email in outlook but cant send email...my email has been like this for months now...I called my ISP and they didnt have an answer for it...Im running xp however I dont have the Xp disc to re install windows...its an older desktop computer I bought off of someone...Its a Dell PIII.

Im not to worried about not being able to send email on the XP puter because I have another desktop where the email works however its running on windows 2000.

Ive heard some people have problems with outlook using XP though.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:04 AM

you have this log thread open at present and it might be a good idea to await a respose on there before you start to make any changes; it is most possible that an infection has gotten TO your e mail client

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/129909/google-links-wont-work-properlybtcar-hijackervirus/

according to the information yu have provided ON that log thread your computer is used by others for P2P file sharing? one OF the problems WITH file sharing programs is what the 'program ' comes baggaged with that can and will infect the computer :thumbsup:

#3 D_Vincent

D_Vincent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:25 AM

Ok thanks...I will just wait...I wouldnt know how to try and fix it anyway without help so I will just wait.

:thumbsup:

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,109 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2008 - 10:31 PM

Hi my advice would be for you to reply to Blender with this problem. You still have an open HJT Log here
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry741110

Your system wasn't finished and they can solve this all at once. They have volunteered their time there to help you and you should take advantage of that. When done they will also provide you with info on prevention, so your not back looking for help so soon.
Plus you don't have to wait in line.

As that is best for you i am closing this topic.

Edited by boopme, 02 March 2008 - 10:32 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users