Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet connection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stirlingk

stirlingk

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 09 March 2005 - 02:58 PM

Hi everyone,

This is so weird and I hope some else out there has heard of this happening. My laptop was replaced because of problems with it. The new laptop does not connect to AOL at home and when I plug the phone line into the slot, the second it slides in my other telephone line goes dead. I took it back to the shop and it connects fine to the Internet. Took it to work and it connects just fine as well. I called AOL and nothing is wrong on that end.
I have a regular PC too and as you can see the connection works just fine too at home.
THe phone company was no help (verizon). but if it was a wire problem then why did my other laptop work fine and this PC connect too?
I am at my wits end and the store that replaced our laptop does not know.
It's a nice fancy laptop too but at this point I wished they would have been able to fix my old plain one! At least it connected fine.
Any suggestions??

Thanks for letting me vent!

Kay

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,665 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 10 March 2005 - 12:24 AM

If you unplug your desktop, does it work then?

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 AM

Posted 10 March 2005 - 12:44 AM

Had a problem where the wall plate would short when I plug the telephone in . You could have a damaged wire or wall socket . In my case I'm using VOIP (Cox Cable Telephone) and the short would kill the signal. Try changing out the cord between the computer and wall .

acklan
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users