Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freelancer Multiplayer Not Working!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dialga

Dialga

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:02 AM

hi i went to install freelancer and went to play multi player all the servers come up but i cannot connect to any servers im using 32 bit windows vista home premium im pretty sure multiplayer is not compatible with vista because of something but if you can help me connect to any of the servers please tell me i wanna start playing my fave servers again :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 madman6510

madman6510

• Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 10 February 2008 - 03:04 AM

I keep getting the same problem when I try to connect to the server... maybe the main server just isn't running anymore? (I'm using XP)

#3 Dialga

Dialga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:30 AM

yea i heard they where closing it in 2008 but it was a rumor i guess it was true ill have to look it up

#4 jd220689

jd220689

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2008 - 07:00 AM

Hey guys. I have a few answers for you's.

1. Vista is compatible with Freelancer but doesnt like to get along with it. Your antivirus can play a big part of not being able to connect. I recommend using a free one like AVG and also make sure your firewall isnt blocking Freelancer.
2. Yes, the global server is down. There are some work-arounds though. There is a line you can edit in the Freelancer.ini file to show a substitute for the global server though I find it easier to use the FLDC tool. (Freelancer Direct Connect tool.)

If you know the IP of the server you want to join, there is a direct connect tool in the Freelancer directory inside the EXE folder.

I hope this is helpful.

#5 Dialga

Dialga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:55 PM

yea i've seen this before but i've got avg 8.0 internet security nothing else i have allowed everything even uninstalled it but still don't work so once i get my new PC from dell XPS 720 with windows media center 2005 i will play it on that and yes i do know how to use direct conect

#6 JRL749

JRL749

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:22 PM

The only way that I know of for connecting to a multiplayer server is by direct connecting through IP's. Steps to get to my server is as follows:

1. Go into your EXE folder wherever you installed the game at and look for "fldirectip".

2. Create a shortcut of this to your desktop so you can quick-access it.

3. Type "68.60.98.66" where it says "ip adress".

4. Click start game.

5. Go into mutiplayer(click "yes" then click "internet") and connect to my server titled "JRL".

I will try to keep my server up 24/7 and I may be on it between 3PM and 10PM EST.
We must try and bring Freelancer back! :D

#7 madman6510

madman6510

• Members
  • 384 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:14 PM

Yes!

Maybe, hopefully, your server will become the new "mainstream" server.

:huh:

#8 KarnieFreak

KarnieFreak

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 26 April 2008 - 02:46 PM

i tried adding your sever but i still dont get any server names on my list

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users