Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie7 Takes 1.5 Min To Start

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jpd9930

jpd9930

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:29 AM

I removed a virus sometime ago and ever since IE 7 takes 1 min 36 sec to start. Firefox is not affected at all. I dont recall the virus or the software used to remove it. IE7 is slow to respond to active window request but others respond as expected. Other programs boot as expected. Nothing seems to be out of the ordinary on task manager or hijack this. Virus/spyware scans of various platforms dont produce any results.

IE problems are way out of my comfort zone for troubleshooting so starting with basics will not insult my highly average skills. In 15 years of computing I have never had a problem with IE.

I have gone to network properties and reinstalled Client for MS NW, netbios, TCP/IP. Etc.. but that is it.

thanks guys!!!!!

Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Thanks TMack...I was not sure where to post this in the first place...

Edited by jpd9930, 08 February 2008 - 02:20 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,993 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:46 AM

Hello jpd9930,

What is your operating system? I have an idea, but it will only work on certain OS's.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 V e g e t a

V e g e t a

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:39 PM

Try restoring internet explorer to its default settings. It should be somewhere on the tools menu.

#4 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:44 PM

Hello jpd9930,

What is your operating system? I have an idea, but it will only work on certain OS's.

Orange Blossom :flowers:

Orange blossom

according to the HJT log thread if it helps , it is XP SP2 :thumbsup: :trumpet:

#5 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:59 PM

Please read Using LSP-Fix to remove Spyware & Hijackers and download the LSP-Fix from it's download location.

LSP-Fix is a utility designed to remove and repair problems associated with a a type of software called a Layered Service Provider, or LSP. LSPs are designed to integrate directly into your TCP/IP layer, the protocol you use to communicate on the Internet, in order to manipulate data that is sent across it. The LSPs are installed in such a way that each LSP in the TCP/IP handler are chained together. If one of these LSPs is removed incorrectly, that chain could become broken, possibly removing your ability to connect to the Internet or a network.
Because you just want to fix a broken chain, click the Finish button, (designated by the green box in Figure 1. of the Tutorial).
LSP-Fix will automatically fix the LSP chain and hopefully restore connectivity back to the network.

Or you can try Winsock2Fix, if that fix didn't work .
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/winsock2fix.php
When you run it, click on ReG-Backup button first to backup the registry, and then click on the Fix button.

Thank You to fellow Mod boopme for the above.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#6 jpd9930

jpd9930
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2008 - 06:30 PM

Vegeta,

that did the trick... tools/internet options/ advanced...

FYI OS=XPpro

boots like it should now!!!!!!!

TMack thanks for your suggestion...

Please consider this thread closed...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users