Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web Pages That Initially Load Slowly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Eeyore

Eeyore

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:31 PM

Hi, I am new here and I would like to thank you in advance for trying to help me. I'm new to a lot of things, so I will try my best to explain the problem.
I own a Dell Inspiron E1505 that runs on Windows XP Home Media Center Edition.
It has 1.66 GHz, with 0.99 GB of RAM. My web page browser is Internet Explorer 7. Please let me know if you need more information.

The problem occurs when I try to open a new web browser. The page opens, but it takes 5 to 10 minuets to load. Once it has loaded I can navigate around a whole site without it being slow at all, until you hit a hyperlink directing you to another web site. Then it has to take a while to load again. This happens every time I try and open new "tabs" on the web browser too. It also happens with every type of web page I try to load, even if I had loaded it before, exited out, and tried to revisit it.
Occasionally, when I try to open more than three tabs at a time, the web browser closes on itself, which means I have to open a new one and wait for everything to load again. This was never a problem before, as it may have taken a few seconds to load the page, but never more than a minuet or two.

These things started two days ago by themselves, and I have added no new programs or hardware since then. It took me by surprise, as it was all working fine, and has been for a while. It is only my web browser that is working slowly, the rest of the computer is working up to its usual speed.

Some things I have tried are running a full system scan with windows defender, which turned out clear. I have also tried running the Trend Micro online scans, which, after removing a few cookies, have turned out clear. I have defragmented my computer, emptied out my temporary files, and removed all cookies. It still works slowly. I do not think it is the internet connection, as I have a desktop that is running fine with the same internet provider and all. The only difference is that my laptop is wireless.

Please let me know if there is more things I can do to try and figure out what is wrong. :thumbsup:

Edited by Eeyore, 07 February 2008 - 11:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eeyore

Eeyore
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:12 PM

:thumbsup: Never mind everyone, I was able to fix the problem by restoring my internet explores original settings. I read this tip on another form!!!! Thanks to them!

Edited by Eeyore, 08 February 2008 - 09:12 PM.

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,010 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:51 PM

Hello Eeyore and welcome to BC :flowers:

I'm glad you got the problem solved, and thanks for posting back with the solution.

Posted Image

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 jpd9930

jpd9930

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 09 February 2008 - 01:21 AM

Hey Eerore,

glad to see my problem isnt unigue...and that the solution fixed your problem as well.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users