I own a Dell Inspiron E1505 that runs on Windows XP Home Media Center Edition.
It has 1.66 GHz, with 0.99 GB of RAM. My web page browser is Internet Explorer 7. Please let me know if you need more information.
The problem occurs when I try to open a new web browser. The page opens, but it takes 5 to 10 minuets to load. Once it has loaded I can navigate around a whole site without it being slow at all, until you hit a hyperlink directing you to another web site. Then it has to take a while to load again. This happens every time I try and open new "tabs" on the web browser too. It also happens with every type of web page I try to load, even if I had loaded it before, exited out, and tried to revisit it.
Occasionally, when I try to open more than three tabs at a time, the web browser closes on itself, which means I have to open a new one and wait for everything to load again. This was never a problem before, as it may have taken a few seconds to load the page, but never more than a minuet or two.
These things started two days ago by themselves, and I have added no new programs or hardware since then. It took me by surprise, as it was all working fine, and has been for a while. It is only my web browser that is working slowly, the rest of the computer is working up to its usual speed.
Some things I have tried are running a full system scan with windows defender, which turned out clear. I have also tried running the Trend Micro online scans, which, after removing a few cookies, have turned out clear. I have defragmented my computer, emptied out my temporary files, and removed all cookies. It still works slowly. I do not think it is the internet connection, as I have a desktop that is running fine with the same internet provider and all. The only difference is that my laptop is wireless.
Please let me know if there is more things I can do to try and figure out what is wrong.
Edited by Eeyore, 07 February 2008 - 11:59 PM.