Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bluetooth And Laptops

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OAG

OAG

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 07 February 2008 - 09:01 PM

Hi Everybody I need some serious help turning on the bluetooth in my Pavilion.
For those willing to help, here are all the fun filled facts:
I just bought a Bluetooth headset to listen mostly just music and can't get any signal from the laptop

I have a HP Pavilion dv9000 with most all extras, it's running win XP Media edition.
I went into the wireless assistant with no luck, but it said the BLuetooth(BT) was on.

In the Network Connections tab in the Control Panel there is a BT connection set up but has an X through it,
and when I disable it the X goes away but comes back upon enabling it. This seems like the key to this issue.

Is anyone available to lend a hand here?

In addition I tried removing and reinstalling the wireless card and drivers as per HP Support.

My cell phone sees it as a BT device but cannot pair up with it.
I guess this is all the specific info I have at this time, I'll be glad to answer any questions.

I appreciate what everyone does here, thanks,
OrdinaryAverageGuy(OAG)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:14 PM

Could you please provide us with the model number of your Pavilion? The sticker on the back is a bit misleading, so try this link to find the info: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/generic...oduct&cc=us
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 OAG

OAG
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2008 - 09:08 AM

I'm Sorry I thought I included it, Unfortunately it was not on the bottom of the pc, soI had to shop around for it but here it is:

System Model: HP Pavilion dv9000 ( EW635AV#ABA)
I hope this does the trick.

I will be standing by.
Thanks,
OAG(OrdinaryAverageGuy)

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2008 - 10:17 AM

The model numbers on HP's are very confusing. There's another number that'll be similar to the DV9000 (I believe that the EW... number is some sort of part number from HP).

As you can see from this link: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Lookup?h_la...&submit.y=0
there's over 100 different dv9000 models (and that's just the US search)
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 OAG

OAG
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2008 - 06:19 PM

This is turning out to be a bad scene, I tried every option for WinXP in HP's list and have been shot down.

The Help and Support version said "The installed version could not be Determined and will now terminate."

I'm afraid I could not find the "start detection" button on the auto detect page @HP.

I gave you the # from the msinfo32 command prompt, and
The only thing left and hopefully this will be it, was in the BIOS this number under

UUID # 434E46364373343
3432001636BBA534
and the system board ID is 30B9.

I realize these aren't Model #'s but they are the only numbers that have some potential.

Let me know,
Thanks,
OAG

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2008 - 07:38 PM

You'll either have to contact HP with the information that you've got in order to get the proper model number, or you're going to have to start searching for Bluetooth drivers that "may" fit your system.

FWIW - try going into Device Manager and selecting the Properties of this device, then click on the Details tab, then use the dropdown box to view the Hardware ID.

Note the 4 characters after VEN_ and the 4 after DEV_

Then go to http://www.pcidatabase.com and enter the first 4 into the Vendor search box. Once on the Vendor's page, search for the DEV_ numbers there. That'll give you a clue as to the manufacturer of the device - and will let you start searching for drivers.

#7 OAG

OAG
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2008 - 09:05 PM

Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users