Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Have You Ever Donated Money To Sbybot S&d?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 D_Vincent

D_Vincent

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:43 PM

Have you ever donated money to sbybot S&D?...I was just wondering if people actually donated money to them and if so how much?...Ive used this program off and on over the years however Ive never sent them money however I was thinking of sending a few bucks perhaps.

Also wanted to know can Spybot harm your computer or registery at all...I mean when I click fix problems I have no idea whats going on after that and just wondered if damage or errors in registery can occur because of the program.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Koye_*

Guest_Koye_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 February 2008 - 07:03 PM

Hello..I'm new to the group and this is my first post.

I have donated to a several software programers.
$10 to Spybot.
Several $10. donations to Irfanview (My alltime favorite program!).
$10. our local weather station.
$10 to Faststone Image viewer.

I donate through PayPal I hope this helps answer your question. Bye for now..Ms Koye
PS: I don't care for the updated version of Spybot...it's still a little "buggy"but I still use it.

#3 D_Vincent

D_Vincent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2008 - 07:23 PM

Im new to the forums as well...I just joined today...If I decide to donate it will be through paypal...just did my first scan using sbybot and it found 2 entries/problems called "hits link" and "link Synergy" so Im guessing these were the reason for the all of a sudden sluggishness of the laptop speed.

#4 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,569 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 09 February 2008 - 08:07 PM

About 2yrs ago I gave them $20. It is/was definitely the thing to have and is good to this day, though perhaps not a strong as Superantispyware is now, but I can't be sure - that's what I'm reading.
Good applications have to be supported somehow, and Spybot S&D service to us all is an asset even if you use other spyware-limiting products instead or in addition.
Besides being anti-spyware checker/preventer, S&D has very useful bunch of tools to help see what's on the computer, that alone is worth a bundle :thumbsup:

#5 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,569 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 09 February 2008 - 08:12 PM

Also wanted to know can Spybot harm your computer or registery at all...I mean when I click fix problems I have no idea whats going on after that and just wondered if damage or errors in registery can occur because of the program.

Definitely not. BUT, you need to be careful about running two similar applications. If your other security software monitors, for instance, registry changes then Spybot's S&D TeaTimer will conflict - it won't harm your computer. But you will see the two fighting one another going after the same change.

I'm glad you asked the question about donations, through PayPal or otherwise. I think we have to.

#6 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:36 PM

I am going to donate to Spybot when I get a bit of spare cash (which won't be too long away)
I'm also going to donate some to BC and Geekstogo.
:flowers:

I think $10 is a resonable amount for spybot.
But if you we're going to donate to a pc help forum and they have helped you alot I would donate around $30.

$10 seems like a small amount of money to some but if everyone who used Spybot donated that at least once it would help them with further software development and things alike :thumbsup:

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

#7 V e g e t a

V e g e t a

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:16 PM

I hated Spybot myself. But i guess thats my personal opinion. No, i haven't donated because I don't use it. Fair enough I think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users