Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tried All I Know This Is My Last Resort

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jca716

jca716

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:20 PM

My Cd-RW drive is reconized by the system but it will not read or write cd's at all...i am so confused by this..i ask anyone to help me with this..i have a new PC only 9 months old...any information i can give to help solve this problem please let me know and where to gather it and i will get it for you..I have posted this in another forum as well that has supplied me with all my answers to other tough questions but this one has either baffeled or just not intrested someone in helping me with this...any help will be greatly appreciated..thin kit could be some kind of software conflict ,but to be honest i relly couldnt tell you if it was that either..im such a noob at this ...CH@NC3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 07 February 2008 - 07:42 PM

Try cleaning the laser?

Move it to another connection and try it?

Make sure that the connections are proper? On some drives, you can invert the IDE cable.

Louis

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:36 PM

If it wasn't recognized, I'd say delete the upper and lower filters. Try Louis's advice. They do go bad sooner or later. They're inexpensive, nowadays
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users