Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Growing A Beard/facial Hair

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 07 February 2008 - 05:30 PM

Well this may sound silly, but I am going to be growing my facial hair for a couple weeks. My social studies teacher is having us play "The Dictator Dating Game". Since I have long hair she told me I was going to be some guy (I forgot his name and what country he's from). Also, she mentioned how he has/had a big beard with sideburns and mustache. So I volunteered to not shave until we are done with the game. This might of been a stupid mistake, and I bet many of my family members will not like it especially since most of them hate my long hair.

Anyway I'm kind of looking for tips, advice, and maybe just some humor :flowers: . I'm only 15 by the way (turning 16 next week though), and I don't even know if I can grow a beard, lol. I started shaving the peach fuzz above my lip when I was twelve, and since then have started shaving my whole chin area, underneath my lip, and my cheeks, but there's only small patches on my cheeks.

The game was supposed to be next Friday, but since we had a snow day yesterday, she had to move it to the next day. The problem with this is that the week after next is our winter break, so there's another whole week of growing I wasn't prepared for :thumbsup: .

So does anyone have any growing/grooming tips or maybe even just a story they'd like to share?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 07 February 2008 - 05:40 PM

Sterling14

Just for a reference point i was 30 before i could grow a proper beard,as i type this i have a full growth after 6 day's and it really itche's still.
If i was you i would say i was said named dictator on the day he had visited the barber :thumbsup:
god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

#3 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:09 PM

We're in the 21st Century, what happened to the costumes?!

If i was you i would say i was said named dictator on the day he had visited the barber

lol

#4 MattV

MattV

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:51 PM

Best bet for a full beard in that short a time? Costume shop. :thumbsup:

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:26 PM

Your wasting your time trying it. It will just look bad. I am 18 and still would not be able to grow enough hair even above my lips in that short of a time to look good.
Yes try a costume shop.

#6 Sterling14

Sterling14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 05:34 PM

My teacher showed me google image results for the guy and here he is http://images.google.com/images?um=1&h...G=Search+Images
Lol, I don't think I can grow a beard that big ever...
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#7 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:17 PM

I think you know who this man is... Former Iranian Revolutionary Leader. The title of your teacher's play sounds strange! "The Dictator Dating Game"? What kind of a role will the dictator have?

As for the beard... well, it is hard to get it to that length even after a year!

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:44 PM

Beards are different for each person - you won't know what it'll look like until you grow it. Don't be disappointed if it doesn't come in like you want it to - just shave it off! Then try again in few years and see how it goes.

Never had a beard as a teenager - and never missed it.
I had a beard for many years before I joined the Army - and I loved it!
The Army wouldn't let me have a beard - so I missed it.
Then I retired and grew one - and I hated it!

You can never tell until you try it! Good luck!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#9 MattV

MattV

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:45 PM

I think you know who this man is... Former Iranian Revolutionary Leader. The title of your teacher's play sounds strange! "The Dictator Dating Game"? What kind of a role will the dictator have?

As for the beard... well, it is hard to get it to that length even after a year!

Khomeini is best remembered for the "Hostage Crisis", which was allowed to take place by Jimmy "The ineffectual" Carter.

#10 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:00 PM

Never had a beard as a teenager - and never missed it.
I had a beard for many years before I joined the Army - and I loved it!
The Army wouldn't let me have a beard - so I missed it.
Then I retired and grew one - and I hated it!

Usasma, would you kindly let me know if you've taken some poetry class! If that's the case, do you mind sharing with me some of your reading list. I suspect that you're a poet in addition to a Computer Geek, or is my guess wrong?

#11 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:00 PM

I haven't touched my beard in 20 years. Trouble now is my grandson just loves it and is always grabbing a chunk. Pretty soon it'll match the top of my head
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#12 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,993 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:28 AM

If you look through the pictures of Khomeini on that webpage, you'll notice that his beard is much smaller when he was young.

Besides visiting a costume shop, you could try your hand at making a false beard. There are directions here. Scroll down until you see "False Beard".

Have fun with it,

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#13 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:00 PM

Hi Juha!

Nope, no poetry training, nor even an inclination towards it.

Even failed English in High School - and that's hard to do in an English speaking country!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#14 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2008 - 05:40 PM

lol @Usasma,

If you are writing such poetic lines without having taken some classes, I am wondering what sort of lines you would be composing if you had taken one!

#15 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:51 PM

You're only hope is to glue these seeds to your face. :thumbsup:

I am joking
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users