Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

There Must Be A Better Way?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kaytee576

kaytee576

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 07 February 2008 - 05:07 PM

Hi, I hope this is in the right place? Love the forum :thumbsup:
I have Xilisoft DVD Ripper Platinum and I am using it to rip some DVD'S I made a while ago a home video of my dogs and my mum and dad want a copy, I also have wondershare DVD Slideshow builder Which I have been using to burn my discs but it takes FOREVER about four hours to burn my stuff onto DVD.
Could you reccomend any DVD burning software that is easy to use and free and faster then the one I have?
I know I am asking a lot! It's just that I tried one called nero I think it was and I couldnt work it out so dont know where to go next?

ONE LAST THING Is there any software that can shrink files? so that a video over 120mins can be shrunk in order to fit onto one disc instead of Loads?
SORRY TO ASK SO MUCH hope you can help xxx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 09 February 2008 - 09:58 PM

DVD Shrink = Allows you to rip DVDS to your PC BUT allows you to shrink them first! Once you have ripped them to your PC you can burn straight to DVD.

With regards to the speed at which your burning your DVDs so you know the writing speed of your DVD writer? Also check the speed of the DVDS this will be printed on your DVDS

Edited by FireKracker, 09 February 2008 - 09:59 PM.

If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#3 kaytee576

kaytee576
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:17 PM

Thank you for your advice, I installed cdburnerXP and it was really good and burnt my dvds in under 3 mins! But they wouldnt play on my DVD player and the people on the forum havent replied to me.
So I am back to the drawing board :thumbsup:
Im sorry havent a clue how to find out how fast my dvd writer is? do you mean the software or on my PC? SORRY xxx

#4 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,588 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:47 PM

Very nice DVD copying/burning utility: http://www.imgburn.com/

Some disc formats will play on the computer where they're made, but not on another PC nor DVD drives. They have to finalized. I know that applies to DVD+R, DVD+RW.

How fast DVDs record does depend on what your burner in the PC can do. I have one or two that took a bit under 30min each to burn the 4.7 gig, and another 30 or so beforehand (for shrinking, etc) but that was just busy work with filing pieces on the computer itself.

Edited by tos226, 11 February 2008 - 09:51 PM.

#5 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:41 AM

Imgburn is a good app, however when it comes to shrinking your dvds personally I'd choose DVD Shrink. The burning process depends on a couple of things:

1) The speed at which you writer writes disks. Sometimes your DVD writer will have a sticker on its tray saying how fast.
2) The media you use, these are the disks onto which your burning your data/video etc. Either the disk will be marked with the top speed at which data can be written to it or the tub/box will have information regarding the speed at which data can be burnt.
3) Also the specification of your comptuter helps in the overall burning of disks.

If you want to make sure that your disks work in your DVD player, you have to ensure that your player can read DVD+R or DVD+RW or DVD-R or DVD-RW. Perferably I'd use DVD+R disks.
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#6 bigben1

bigben1

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:16 PM

I have ConvertXtoDVD i love it drag the Avi file into it and it converts and burns for you, Also Ashampoo Burning suite is good too, and also ashampoo make a shrink and burn :flowers: :thumbsup:

Edited by bigben1, 15 February 2008 - 09:25 PM.

#7 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:54 AM

I use DVDDecrypter 3.5.4.0. It's fast, free, and does a good job doing an exact copy. (it won't shrink a DVD, just copy)
I DL my copy from Mr.Bass. Though there are some warnings about this site harming your computer, a scan with Dr. Web-Online showed the site was clean. So??? I've been using it for years with no problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users