Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Counting Print Jobs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SysTech Guy

SysTech Guy

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:21 AM

The company that I work for is "going green" and individual employees would like to know how many pages they print on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.

These employees all print to a networked printer, but instead of getting a cumulative count of how many pages a department prints, each employee wants to know how many pages he/she prints.

Has anyone ever had to configure something like this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:42 AM

I have seen this. But it is not computer related. It was part of the printer. Each user has to enter their personal code in order to print pages, and then the printer keeps track of the numbers.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 tswsl1989

tswsl1989

• Members
  • 260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:33 PM

Do a search for "PCounter"
It's not cheap, but it works.
Tom

Tswsl1989
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users