Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Webroot Found 'sys Keylogger Pro' On My Computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dana Walker

Dana Walker

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:01 AM

OS=Vista. According to Webroot Spysweeper, someone installed 'sys keylogger pro' on my computer without my knowledge or permission. No one else has access to my computer, so this must have been done over the web. Webroot runs automatic scans every two days, so I assume that it was installed sometime in the last two days. Though I didn't directly access my bank account during that time, I DID do a credit card transaction. Webroot quarantined it, and I ran a scan after rebooting to see if it came back, and Webroot said it was no longer there. I've read the forums on keyloggers, and while I found a lot of helpful info, I didn't find anything that directly applied to me, so I am asking for any further advice that might be offered. Specifically, can I be sure it is gone? Do I need to change my passwords? Can I find out who did this, and if so, can I have them prosecuted? Any suggestions on programs for making absolutely sure it is gone?
Please keep in mind that I am strictly an amateur user, and I don't understand technical jargon.
By the way, this site is AWESOME! I truly appreciate all the work and help that is given here. Thank you.

Edited by Dana Walker, 07 February 2008 - 10:05 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:29 PM

Hello Dana Walker,you will need to have one of the HJT experts help rid this. Thay are quite busy currently so please be patient and they will take care of it. You only need to do step 9 in this tutorial. Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log .
Post that log HERE by clicking New Topic and giving it a relevent title.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users