Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo Id

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 spitflame666

spitflame666

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:19 AM

Hey Guys,

Is there really any other solution in order to retrieve a yahoo id password? I havent used my yahoo id for two years since somehow the password changed and i have tried getting in touch with yahoo. but the things is i can't remember the information that i associated with my yahoo id.

Shed some light.

Rodz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:42 AM

Hi Rodz.
If you can't remember your yahoo id itself or anything on this page, you're pretty much screwed.
After 2 years of inactivity, you could be gone anyways. Not sure what Yahoo's policy is on that.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:37 AM

After two years of inactivity, it might be easier to set up a new ID completely.
I keep a small notebook with such information in a secure place just in case I forget.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 spitflame666

spitflame666
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:33 AM

Hey guys!

well yeah. I tried creating a new one just recently with the use of the old id. it says its unavailable.
I thought they had reset their system or something already after almost 3 years.

How about myspace? is there a way to retrieve the password besides it getting it sent to the email that is registered to? because of what happend to yahoo i couldn't get in my old myspace account as well. :thumbsup: LOL!

Rodz

#5 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:36 AM

How about myspace? is there a way to retrieve the password besides it getting it sent to the email that is registered to? because of what happend to yahoo i couldn't get in my old myspace account as well.

No not that I know of. I have 3 myspaces cuz two got hacked and since my email was hacked too myspace wouldnt do anything about it.

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

#6 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:31 AM

Is there really any other solution in order to retrieve a yahoo id password?

yes; try this link

http://help.yahoo.com/fast/help/uk/edit/cgi_feedback

to retrive the information and access?

#7 jpd9930

jpd9930

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:24 AM

I had an account that was deleted after 3 months of inactivity...3 years ago I dont think they had that policy but it should apply to an account once the rule was enforced.

I used that account as my "totaly expect to get spamed from anything I did on the web" account. So I never checked it..poof it was gone 3-4 months later with a disclaimer telling me why I couldnt access it any longer.

#8 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:55 AM

to answer the original question; I rummaged around for and found the link in my posting above for a colleague who could no longer access her e mails ; we used it successfully to retrieve a lost password which is why I am recommending its use :thumbsup:

#9 spitflame666

spitflame666
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2008 - 03:33 AM

thanks ruby, thanks guys! i will try the link and see what them people from yahoo will say. :thumbsup:

#10 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:37 AM

can you kindly let me know if this does work for your? my colleague has still got problems (but I think they are due to her non-computer-savvey use of the networked machine ) :thumbsup:

#11 spitflame666

spitflame666
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2008 - 03:06 AM

uhmm i don't think it worked. i didn't get any reply from yahoo. and its been like a week already.

#12 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2008 - 02:00 PM

uhmm i don't think it worked. i didn't get any reply from yahoo. and its been like a week already.

we are not doing much better either; however, I think a lot of my 'friend's' problems are her somewhat stupidity in the manner of her useage of shared computers; she is a disaster where computers are concerned and 'an identity and spamming accident 'waiting to happen :thumbsup:

#13 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:25 PM

Maybe contact them again regarding your problem. :thumbsup:
Thats what I do when it comes to customer service :flowers:

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users