Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting Sick And Tried Of Vista Part 2

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jhm

jhm

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:18 PM

Okay then I can't really find the first topic I did so I'm starting another. I finally upgraded my ran to around 900 kb and the games are starting to work a bit better. I was looking for in the other topic whats was one of the sites that will scan your computer and tell you of stuff that you can downlaod to help it.

Edited by jhm, 06 February 2008 - 11:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 super6

super6

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:22 PM

Are you asking for a site that tells you what hardware you need to buy to make your system run quicker? If so, I don't know a site but if you tell me your CPU, RAM, and what you want to use your PC for; I can probably tell you what's slowing you down.

#3 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:39 PM

If you are trying to run Vista with 900MB (you say KB but I believe it is MB) that is the first problem. You should have at least 2GB of RAM, if you don't want it to bog down.

One web-site that is good is called http://www.pcpitstop.com and they will give you suggestions. Do the Full Test Suite on the right side.

You can also go to http://www.crucial.com and they will scan your computer (if you let them) and tell you what kind of RAM upgrade you can do.

Good luck.

DR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users