Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Have The A.doginhispen Virus! Help!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dsnygirl

dsnygirl

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:43 PM

Hey I just found out I have this virus/trojan. I'm a college student and I really don't want to lose my school documents so any help you can give me asap would be GREATLY appreciated! thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dsnygirl

dsnygirl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:15 PM

I've downloaded combofix and findawf but I'm not sure what to do with them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm so worried I'm going to lose my school documents.

#3 JDM2

JDM2

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:24 PM

You shouldn't be using Combofix unless advised by a malware expert. It's a very powerful tool.

#4 dsnygirl

dsnygirl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:27 PM

Ok, thanks for the reply! I haven't used it yet. Just downloaded it. I saw on this site and another site some people were using it to show others their logs but saw it was not something I could handle without help.

#5 dsnygirl

dsnygirl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2008 - 12:31 AM

Can anyone help? I'm being advised by HP to restore my computer to factory settings and I would rather not do that if I don't have to (I haven't backed up my data in a while). I would like to get it fixed tonight so I can use it for school tomorrow. Thank you so much in advance!

#6 dsnygirl

dsnygirl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2008 - 12:08 PM

bump

#7 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,854 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:05 PM

Hello dsnygirl and welcome to BC :flowers:

I understand your frustration. Do you have removable media such as disks or flash drives to move your documents to? I'm going to be blunt here, there is no way that you can get the computer disinfected by tonight. You have a very complex infection, and it has been known to return. We are all volunteers here, and only a few have the know-how to guide you through all the steps to disinfect the computer. I know only the first step myself. If you want your computer that fast, reformatting it may be the quickest way to accomplish that.

Please familiarize yourself with BC by reading through the Board Rules, reading posting suggestions, and looking through New User Orientation.

If you should decide to reformat, please let us know and we will provide suggestions for keeping you from getting infected again. If you decide to disinfect it instead, please be patient and wait for a malware expert to get to you. Please let us know what you decide.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users