Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Have A Virus But I Don't Know What Kind...help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ajh1973

ajh1973

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:41 PM

I have ran AVG and it was crazy, it showed up that I had a trojan horse BackDoor.VB.JZ and it also said it removed them. However I have rebooted my computer and my task bar keeps disappearing and reappearing and my desktop is completely blank. How can I fix this? How can I even figure out what the problem is? Please help.

Thanks

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jervine

Jervine

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:51 AM

Try to check your C: if there's any files there like a autorun.inf. or you can try Yahoo Anti-Spy.
私はGempesaw の一族からのジョンErvine Gempesaw である

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:51 PM

This is a Backdoor trojan
A Backdoor is a software program that gives an attacker unauthorized access to a machine and the means for remotely controlling the machine without the user's knowledge. A Backdoor compromises system integrity by making changes to the system that allow it to by used by the attacker for malicious purposes unknown to the user.
This means any financials, banking,passwords stored on this PC have probably been compromised.

High risks are typically installed without user interaction through security exploits, and can severely compromise system security. Such risks may open illicit network connections, use polymorphic tactics to self-mutate, disable security software, modify system files, and install additional malware. These risks may also collect and transmit personally identifiable information (PII) without your consent and severely degrade the performance and stability of your computer.

You can try to remove this if you want and we will help or you can decide to fully format the Hard drive.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users