Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Start Up Error - Your Sql Server Installation Is Either Corrupt....

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dclary

dclary

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:04 PM

Hi. I hope I am posting this in the right section. When I start Windows XP, I get the following error message, "Your SQL Server installation is either corrupt or has been tampered with (Could not open SQLEVN70.RLL) Please uninstall then re-run setup to correct this problem".

I understand that this is because of name change to the computer?? If this is correct, I never changed the name of the computer. I went to the add/remove programs but there is nothing listed that says, "SQL Server". I found a few article across the net about various ways to uninstall certain versions but I don't know what the version is. Any help getting rid of this error message would be greatly appreciated.

Diana

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:17 AM

Ton's of these errors listed in this Google search: http://www.google.com/search?q=Could+not+o...lient=firefox-a

Does this happen as Windows first starts to boot? If so, it may be that something is calling upon components of SQL Server (and since it's corrupted it won't work). So, the task will be to find out what's doing it.

I'd suggest starting with the Event Viewer. Go to Start...Run...and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Look in the System and Application logs for errors around the time that the error occurs.

Locating the error about the SQL Server will give us a starting point. That entry may provide us with enough info to figure out what's causing it - or it then becomes a task of reviewing the entries prior to it to see what's causing it.

Another way to approach this (presuming that it's a startup error) is to disable some of your startups with msconfig - and then reboot to see if that fixes it. If it does, then it's one of the disabled entries that's causing it. After a bit of trial and error you'll figure out which app is causing it. Then an uninstallation of that app should fix it (and a reinstallation should fix the corruption of the SQL Server elements).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users