Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win Xp

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Teddy P

Teddy P

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:45 PM

I cannot get my updates to install. It goes all through the process & then when installing says:

Installation Summary

Successful: 0
Failed: 87
Remaining: 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Successful Updates

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Failed Updates
For help installing an update successfully, see the solution under each problem description.

Problem: End User License Agreement (EULA) Not Accepted
Solution: Check for updates again and wait while you install updates. You will be asked to accept the EULA before any updates with a EULA can be installed.

Problem: Not Enough Disk Space
Solution: To make more space available, run the Disk Cleanup tool or uninstall any programs that you don’t use. For directions, see Help and Support on your computer.

Problem: Automatic Updates is currently installing updates
Solution: Please wait until Automatic Updates is complete and then check your update history. At that time, if the update has failed to install, you can try installing it from the website.
Note: To view Automatic Updates progress, click the updating icon in your System Tray.

Problem: Please check your update history for a description.

Problem: A problem on your computer is preventing updates from being downloaded or installed
Solution: To fix the problem, try installing the updates again. If that doesn't work, use the Troubleshooter to try solve the problem.

Microsoft Windows XP
Security Update for Windows XP (KB873339)
Critical Update for Windows XP (KB886185)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB885836)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB888302)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB891781)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB885835)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896428)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901214)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB890859)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896358)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB893756)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899591)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB899587)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896423)
Update for Windows XP (KB894391)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB902400)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB901017)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905414)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB905749)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB900725)
Update for Windows XP (KB910437)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB908519)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911927)
Security Update for Windows Media Player Plug-in (KB911564)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911562)
Update for Windows XP (KB900485)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB908531)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914389)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB917344)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918439)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB913580)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB911280)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB914388)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920670)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920683)
Update for Windows XP (KB922582)
Update for Windows XP (KB916595)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB919007)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920685)
Update for Windows XP (KB920872)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923414)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924496)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923191)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB922819)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924270)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923980)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB926255)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB928255)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB928843)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB927802)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924667)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB927779)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918118)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB926436)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB925902)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB931784)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB930178)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB931261)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB932168)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB890046)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920213)
Update for Windows XP (KB930916)
Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express for Windows XP (KB929123)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB935840)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB935839)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 6.4 (KB925398)
Update for Windows XP (KB938828)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB921503)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB938829)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 9 (KB936782)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB938127)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB936021)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB933729)
Security Update for Outlook Express for Windows XP (KB941202)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB943460)
Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP
Update for Windows XP (KB942763)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941568)
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 for Windows XP (KB942615)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB944653)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB937894)
Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - January 2008 (KB890830)
Security Update for Windows XP with Windows Media Format Runtime 9 (KB941569)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941644)
Update for Windows XP (KB942840)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB943485)
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,074 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:24 PM

The information above is significant

Failed Updates
For help installing an update successfully, see the solution under each problem description.

Problem: End User License Agreement (EULA) Not Accepted
Solution: Check for updates again and wait while you install updates. You will be asked to accept the EULA before any updates with a EULA can be installed.

Problem: Not Enough Disk Space
Solution: To make more space available, run the Disk Cleanup tool or uninstall any programs that you don’t use. For directions, see Help and Support on your computer.

Problem: Automatic Updates is currently installing updates
Solution: Please wait until Automatic Updates is complete and then check your update history. At that time, if the update has failed to install, you can try installing it from the website.
Note: To view Automatic Updates progress, click the updating icon in your System Tray.

EULA not accepted. You've gotta wait for the update to install. And while waiting it'll prompt you to accept the agreement. If you don't accept the agreement - the update won't install.

Not enough disk space. How much space is free on your hard drive? Go to Start and double click on My Computer. In the next window, right click on your hard drive and select "Properties". Let us know how much free space is on your hard drive (likely to be the C:\ drive).

Automatic Updates is installing updates. You can't install some updates until others are finished. Run only one instance of Windows Update and don't try to hurry the process along.

Edited by usasma, 06 February 2008 - 07:25 PM.
Bold and Underline added

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Hguzman

Hguzman

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:02 PM

This is the same problem that I have after I replaced the motherboard to my computer. I have enough space, I did everything that recomended herein and in other post and still not working.

Im temtaded to reformat and start over again but I will lose some of the program already installed.

This thing is driving me nut :flowers:

:thumbsup:

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:23 PM

This is the same problem that I have after I replaced the motherboard to my computer. I have enough space, I did everything that recomended herein and in other post and still not working.

Im temtaded to reformat and start over again but I will lose some of the program already installed.

You replaced your motherboard. That's a different solution. Post your own topic so everyone one doesn't get confused. We'll be happy to help
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Teddy P

Teddy P
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:25 PM

I don't see anywhere it says to accept EULA.

Disk Space used: 88.0 GB
Free Space 155,437,334,528 144GB

Auto updates are turned on.

I go to update page & it serches for updates & then list 87 updates & says: express (rec) or custom. When I chose express...well you see the log. I cannot understand why its not updating auto?

Thanks for your help !

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,074 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2008 - 07:26 AM

I'd suggest trying this free program: http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix#Standard_version
Be sure to flush the Software Distribution folder also.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 Hguzman

Hguzman

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:08 PM

You replaced your motherboard. That's a different solution. Post your own topic so everyone one doesn't get confused. We'll be happy to help
Mark

I will do

#8 Teddy P

Teddy P
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:32 PM

My Friend, I did as you suggested & it WORKED !!! It downloaded all the updates & installed them. I went back later & checked for updates & it found 2 more & it installed them like clockwork.
I want to thank you Very Much for your help & will pass on the great knowledge & respect ya'll have here at this site.
Again Thank You...

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,074 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2008 - 07:17 PM

I'm glad that it worked for you! Thanks for letting us know!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users