Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Fly By Virus Took My notepad

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 July 2004 - 08:36 PM

Hello, I was at a website and did not even click anything and all of a sudden avg went nuts with virus pop up's. Don't know exactly what the virus was as I did all of this....this morning and deleted the 2 viruses that came from the website. Now my notepad is gone (or corrupt) I downloaded another notpad.exe but it wont take. I even deleted the notpad from the windows folder but it came back still corrupted. Any suggestions? Am running xp pro with SR turned off. Thanks for any replies.
Brunt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,541 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2004 - 09:47 PM

Do me a favor and post a hijackthis log in the hijackthis logs forum. You may have one of the latest infections that corrupts/deletes notepad.

#3 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 July 2004 - 10:10 PM

Thanks will do.. I had a look at it and does not look like anything abnmormal but I am not the best hjt reader either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users