Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Speakers.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:02 PM

Ok... Well heres a little story =p

Well I hooked these speakers up to my friends computer and it worked perfect... Time goes on... And he give me his computer =D Now im trying to hook up the SAME speakers to the SAME computer and no go? I tried the same with some headphones that I know that work becuase I use them every day.

Uh what? Any ideas? I did put the speakers in after the computer was booted should I reboot?

NOTE: When I move the speakers closer to my router it makes a skipping noise

Edited by xXAlphaXx, 06 February 2008 - 06:04 PM.

If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:16 PM

Well...if the headphones allow sound...and the speakers don't...it would be "obvious" to me that the speakers are on the way down, if not there already.

You did plug the headphones into the Speaker jack, right? Or, conversely, plug the speakers into the headphone jack?

Louis

#3 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:20 PM

No, none of them allow sound, yeah ive check the computer sound is on... Sound card is onboard and thiers no problem with the MOBO
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#4 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:40 PM

AHH! Thier it is! Checked my dxdiag to see that I have "no sound card installed"

Its on board though... any one got any idea of how to tell what it is so I can reinstall the driver for it?

EDIT: Got the driver, Thanks for the help =) Works like a charm =D

Edited by xXAlphaXx, 06 February 2008 - 08:42 PM.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:16 AM

Nice going, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users