Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Risk

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thisismydisplayname

thisismydisplayname

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 06 February 2008 - 04:34 PM

I just started a VB 2005 class (for free, giving like 3 college credits) that is online, and I figured a personal project I would like to take on is making a Risk game.

The thing about this Risk game I plan on making though is that it will be set to the EQOA story line (a ps2 spinoff of EQ). I want to have a lot of options, because I find that the more options you give a game/program, the much more enjoyable it can be.

So, what would you guys recommend I put into the game? How would you set up the graphics in the windows (the layout of the screen)? What different gameplay options would you like to see in a Risk game? What customizable features would you like to see in a Risk game? What else would you like to see in a Risk game? I very much appreciate all input!

Note: Due to copyright laws and such, I will not be distributing the game. Unless of course it gets good enough and both copyright owners want to make a professional version of it lol.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zang

zang

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:16 PM

Risk as in the board game made into a video game?
If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?
If con is the opposite of pro what is the opposite of progress?

#3 ekkaman

ekkaman

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:24 AM

ok first up you need to add capitals and you capital gives you one extra unit per turn but he starts at capital if you loss capital you no longer get the unit but also you lose one unit from you largest army till you take it back but never the last unit on a piece of land not sure if you should get bonus for holding other capitals but eh.... also when you capital first falls a die is cast and the number is how many partasians ( before insergency became the word) you will have to attack the capital next turn but they cannot be moved form the capital and if you take it back the turn to one unit no matter how many you have left navel combat shold also be included look if you really want to do this post back here with email or other and ill tell you how to make it and it will be good and you will make millions andf ill take 5% ok

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users