Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2nd Monitor Is Changing Resolution After Logging Into Machine.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BloodCoder

BloodCoder

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 06 February 2008 - 04:07 PM

I have two monitors on my machine. Both monitors are set to 1280x1024 during boot. The login screen remains the same size when moved to the second monitor area. After Logging into the machine the two monitors remain the same size but after about 15 seconds or so the 2nd monitor goes blank and comes back at 640x480 resolution (the lowest the monitor/card can go). I can manually move the size back up to 1280x1024 and log off but upon login the resolution reverts back to this low resolution. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:09 PM

Have you installed the drivers for the monitor? What kind of monitor is it? and lastly what video card are you using? :thumbsup:

Edit: :flowers: To BC

Edited by Sneakycyber, 06 February 2008 - 05:10 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 BloodCoder

BloodCoder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:53 PM

Okay, so I figured it out. If the second display is set to no hardware accelleration it will revert back to the lowest resolution. Changing the hardware accelleration to the max value keeps the 2nd screen from getting resized down when I login. The video card is a dual monitor EVGA NVidia 6600 card and the monitors are both viewsonic VA800 and VA900's.

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:03 PM

Thanks for posting your solution. Glad you got it working :thumbsup:

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +