Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup Eroor

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jahid91

jahid91

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 06 February 2008 - 04:05 PM

hi there, im having problem with my PC basically when i start my pc the follwoing message appears on the screen:

Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A12
Copyright 1985-1988 Phoenix Technology Ltd.
Copyright 1990-2004 Dell Computer Corporation
All Rights Reserved

Dell System Dimension Series
BIOS Version A12
www.dell.com

Invalid Configuration information – please run SETUP program
Performing automatic IDE Configuration…
Primary master: Disk Drive
Secondary master: CD-ROM Drive
Time-of-day not set – please run setup program
Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility

i have experienced the problem after i installed my operating system, when ma friend tried to installed the OS on my pc ma CD DRIVE wasnt working properly
so he brought his one and used it to install the OS in my pc. after that im facing the prolem, the start up error message which is shown above.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:21 PM

Press the F1 key and go into the bios and set the date and time. If you continue to get the error your Cmos battery is dead and it needs to be replaced. The battery keeps the information in the bios from being lost, the information it keeps is the date, time, HDD configuration, floppy drives, and CD-rom drives. Since you mentioned a problem with your cdrom drive your battery is likely dead. It will be a small silver watch type battery you can get at most drug stores and Radio Shack.

Edit: Didn't change anything

Edited by Sneakycyber, 06 February 2008 - 05:23 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:27 PM

Well, the message is telling you that your BIOS clock is off and needs to be reset (manually) by you.

How to get into your computer's BIOS - http://www.cyberwalker.net/faqs/reinstall-...enter-BIOS.html

This can be caused by various things, the most notable being a failing CR2032 battery in the BIOS.

CMOS Battery. - http://www.geocities.com/micksmix2000/cmosbatt.html

When you go into the BIOS to reset the time, take note of the date reflected also. If it is wrong (in addition to the time), it might be change to simply replace the CMOS battery.

But try adjusting just the time first :thumbsup:.

While you are in the BIOS, also check to ensure that the drives you currently have installed...are reflected properly in the BIOS. Most BIOSes which are relatively new will adjust automatically for changed drives, but there are many in use (this system has one) which requires a manual adjustment.

Probably more info than you need but it may be of use: http://computer.howstuffworks.com/bios.htm/printable

Louis

#4 jahid91

jahid91
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:30 AM

ok thnaks for your help i wil try to change the BIOS Battery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users