Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing java byte/verify

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 willydoe

willydoe

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 09 March 2005 - 07:36 AM

Hi am new to the community. I just got a virus that I think is called Java Byte/Verify. It won't let me get into some programs especially internet explorer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Supermart57

Supermart57

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2005 - 07:45 AM

Download HiJackThis from the Spyware & Hijackers area on the Resources tab above.

create a new directory called HiJackThis, run the file and post the log in a new thread in the HiJackThis area of this site
I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers

#3 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin' Panda

• Members
  • 9,562 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2005 - 08:28 AM

Hi there willydoe. Your post here interests me as I have the Java Byte/Verify on my computer too. Here is a link commenting about it. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...wtopic=7566&hl=

Apparently the Java Byte/Verify can't do anything if IE and all Windows updates are current. I suggest you post a HiJack This! log to be analyzed.

Hijack This! Tutorial
Read up on HjT to learn how to post a log here willydoe. When you get to the point you are ready to post a log please add a New Topic to the Hijack This! Logs and Analysis forum

It is important to note that it is not recommended to bump or reply to your own thread until one of the analysists replies to you first. When the experts are looking for a log to work on they look for posts with 0 replies. Therefore if you make a reply you may be missed as the experts will think that you are being helped all ready. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users