Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Realanime .mkv

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Timcampy

Timcampy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 06 February 2008 - 01:58 PM

I have downloaded some anime and I'm having some trouble getting the image to run.

The file is in an .mkv format, and when I run it the audio works fine but there is no video, at all. I've right clicked and check the video options and I've set it from Disabled to Track 1, but still no work. At the bottom of the VLC player it has RealAnime 4.1.1.4.1.1

What should I do? It sounds like a nice anime. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:03 AM

Hi Tim.
The title of the anime indicates the realvideo codec was used.
VLC player (non videolan version) does not natively support Real or ON2 video compression without installing the appropriate codecs. Real Alternative will give you the proper video codecs. Media Player Classic will also playback that file with Real Alternative installed.

#3 rongchaua

rongchaua

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:34 PM

Or you can try with K-Lite Mega Codec Pack.

Posted Image

#4 skyfuser

skyfuser

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 16 February 2008 - 06:35 PM

No need to do above. If you have about 20MB to spare, try the CCCP (Combined Community Codec Pack). It's made by subbers specifically for watching anime, and supports almost all anime formats.
http://www.cccp-project.net/
Hope that helps :thumbsup:

Edited by skyfuser, 16 February 2008 - 06:36 PM.

"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way." - Bertrand Russell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users