Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

'nother Mobo Issue.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:44 AM

Well, when ever I turn on the PC the display wont come on, Ive swapped out parts into a spare PC and figured it was the motherboard.

When ever it is switched on it will boot and it sounds like its starting up, the moniter works so its not that either.

I have tried useing one stick of ram and no sticks at all. I always get the same error.

When it gets a ways though its boot process I will hear; *buzz*, *buzz*, *beep* over and over agian. Hmm any thoughts?
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 02:10 PM

Those beeps you hear are BIOS beep codes. You can interpret them if you know the mfg. of your BIOS. What is the make and model of the motherboard?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:51 PM

The make is an ASUS the model is... MS6188

Sorry not sure, where can I find that?
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:11 PM

I find an MSI MS8168, no such ASUS product in my Google.

http://www.tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=1503403

Louis

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:59 PM

Louis beat me to it. Recheck your motherboard.
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#6 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:57 PM

No... thats not it... It clearly says ASUS on the motherboard but I cant tell the system model, Also while you guys are here, can you give me a hand also on this sound card? Its onboard but my dxdiag, system information everything isnt seeing it. It worked before and I never uninstalled anything...

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:06 PM

Are you saying that the computer is working are there are no more beeps? I would think we should take care of that before worrying about sound. If this computer is operational, download siw. It should give us the motherboard model, which BIOS you have and your sound chip
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

#8 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:34 PM

Ahh, forget the sound card I fixed it and it was on another computer.

No the other computer is not functional at all. And It cannot display anything so I cannot download anything. Unless I somehow get ESP =D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users