Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which Adware Programme Is Best

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Paulrenno

Paulrenno

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:38 AM

I have a new laptop which has Vista Home Premium installed. I currently have Spybot installed ok with ZoneAlarm free as the firewall.
What I would like to know, is, as a second programme to install, is Adaware 2007 best (and is it vista compatible) or Superantispyware (is this vista compaitble?). I have downloaded both programmes onto disc, but dont know which one is best to install.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Pivopija_*

Guest_Pivopija_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:09 AM

There are lot of good free antispyware programs on the net. I use AVG AntiSpyware Free, and I am very satisfied for now. Both programs are great. Here suggestion, if you can't decide whick program you going to chose then select something else also very good, like AVG AntiSpyware. :thumbsup:

#3 Paulrenno

Paulrenno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:59 AM

Is AVG Antispyware Vista compatible?

#4 katana

katana

MRU Expert

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:34 AM

These are all Vista compatible

AntiSpyware
  • AntiSpyware is not the same thing as Antivirus.
    Different AntiSpyware programs detect different things, so in this case it is recommended that you have more than one.
    You should only have one running all the time, the other/s should be used "on demand" on a regular basis.
    Most of the programs in this list have a free and paid versions,
    it is worth paying for one and having "realtime" protection, unless you intend to do a manual scan often.
  • Spybot - Search & Destroy <<< A must have program
    • It includes host protection and registry protection
    • A hosts file is a bit like a phone book, it points to the actual numeric address (i.e. the IP address) from the human friendly name of a website. This feature can be used to block malicious websites
  • MalwareBytes Anti-malware <<< A New and effective program
  • a-squared Free <<< A good "realtime" or "on demand" scanner
  • AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 <<< A good "realtime" or "on demand" scanner
  • superantispyware <<< A good "realtime" or "on demand" scanner

Posted Image

#5 Paulrenno

Paulrenno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:36 AM

Cheers!

I think I will go with Spybot and SuperAnti spyware now I know its vista compaitble.

#6 1Bart

1Bart

• Members
  • 263 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:07 AM

ONE---Active Virus Protection.....

Several- Active Anti-Spyware Protections

As many as you want- Non-Active Scanners (Just use them when you want to) and on-line scans. Non-Active being that its Real Time Protection is disabled or the program does not offer it.

Do not forget to update ALL before using....And use as many as permissible in "Safe Mode". http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

Active=Real Time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users