Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Get Mouse To Work On Laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sharbear36

sharbear36

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 06 February 2008 - 02:08 AM

I don't know what to make of what my laptop is doing but here it goes and I hope that someone can help. My touchpad stopped working awhile ago and so I started using a mouse in the usb port. Just the other day that stopped working and I realized that the port was loose and when I tried to take the mouse cord out, some of the usb was coming out with it. So I ran around to some electronic stores to find a part that would convert the ps/2 port to usb. I finally found the part and plugged the mouse in. The light on the mouse came on and it looked as though everything would be ok. The mouse doesn't work, it won't do anything. I don't understand, I have never had a mouse not work by plugging it in. The kicker of it all is the touchpad started working(alittle). The pad always worked but the left button wasn't but now is with some extra clicking and just a pain. I have done MicroTrend House call virus scan, spyware adaware, my Computer Associates Virus Scan and have deleted everything its found. I don't know what else to do other than restore the laptop and hope that that works but I'm just not sure.

I have a Dell Latitude C640 running Windows XP.

Thank you for any help that you can offer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sharbear36

sharbear36
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:55 AM

Good morning....

i'm off of work today because we are getting pounded again with snow so I thought I would wake up early and see if the vote is I should restore the computer. Do you think that that would help the issues that are going on?

Thanks

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:38 PM

Which part of the USB came out - the part attached to the mouse, or the part from inside of the laptop case?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users