Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Desk

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chayisun

chayisun

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:28 PM

I recently moved and, upon settling in, somewhat, decided to get the internet up and running.

Well, of course, it wouldn't start.

I checked everything to be sure I had everything going to the right places and I did.

Still, nothing....

So, being in Canada and using Bell Sympatico, I decided I would contact the Help Desk, as it were.

Now, I haven't had to call them for some time....Things have changed.....

"Hello..This is Gubjab and I am here to help you with your problem. What IS your problem?"

"Well, I recently moved and I can't access the internet."

"Did you inform Bell Canada that you were moving?"

"Yes, I did."

"Did you get a new phone number?"

"Yep."

"OK, then, tell me about the modem."

"What about it?"

"Are the lights on?"

"Well, there are four lights...Only three are solid green."

"All four should be lit."

"See, Gubjab, that's the problem. The fourth one isn't lit. I connected everything from the modem to the filter into the 'phone jack."

"Please listen...The modem shouldn't have a filter."

"It doesn't."

"But you said it did."

"I said the filter is by the phone jack."

"You must reset the modem. you must turn the modem off."

"Ok...It's off. I have now turned it back on.The fourth light isn't lit."

"This is not good. I think you have a problem with your phone line. Or you do not know how to
hook everything up. I must go and get my Supervisor."

So away went Gubjab and I had the pleasure of listening to the Ghandi Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.....For 5 very long minutes....

Suddenly another voice on the phone...

"Hello. This is Achmed. I am the Supervisor."

"You sound just like Gubjab."

"Gubjab is my brother. I will be unable to help you. I will get Bell technical support to call
you on Monday morning to resolve your issue. Have a nice day...Goodbye"....CLICK...

Anyway, this is now Tuesday and no call.....As you can see, I did get on the 'net...

Apparently Bell Canada has outsourced the Help Centre to India.....

It is located in Gubjab's garage.....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tomo2

Tomo2

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:06 PM

Lol very funny. I must admit when I rang my ISP about an outage the person at the help desk was indian... not sure if it was in india though. :thumbsup:

L&P, World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago!
Posted Image
Avast! Antivirus : Spybot S&D : Trend Micro Housecall : Hosts file : HiJack This
Don't be too open minded - your brains will fall out

#3 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:24 PM

Well because you are a paying customer you can always chage ISPs, that was so funny. Thats why I use a Australian Provider with local support.
MCP
MSDST

#4 frankblourtango

frankblourtango

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:31 PM

Yes. It is true. If you were only and MBA or an accountant you would see how much money can be saved by outsourcing the Help Desk. The fact that customers leave your business is something that is dealt with by somebody else next quarter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users