Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hold The Presses

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 saint satin stain

saint satin stain

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:42 PM

January 31 at 23:48 I became grandfather to two lovely gals, Shelby Virginia,eldest, and Taylor Mary. Their parents, the grandmothers, other grandfather, and the doctors and nurses deserve a small accolade. Factor in the ancestors too; they deserve a little of the credit. Of course the holy one was ever present and got its all in.

The eldest, born 23:48, weighed three pounds and fifteen ounces eighteen and a quarter inches long, head eleven and a half inches, and chest ten and a quarter inches.

Little sister, born thirty seconds later, weighed three pounds and ten ounces, seventeen inches long, head eleven and a quarter inches, and chest ten and a half inches.

Mother, father, grandmother helped bring this descent of double beauty into fruition, but I am grandpa!

saint satin stain
Responsible for what I say,
not for what you understand.
www.leftinalabama.com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,735 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2008 - 08:20 PM

Congratulations, and Congratulations! :thumbsup:
Derfram
~~~~~~

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:33 PM

Being a new grandpa myself, I'll guarantee that you're going to have the time of your life
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:44 PM

Congratulations grandpa.
Now you can look forward to doing what grandparents want to do-love 'em, spoil 'em, send 'em home.
If you don't have a comfortable rocking chair, get one because you'll be spending lots of time in it holding those babies.
In 2007, I was blessed with 2 grandchildren, both girls. Being a grandparent is wonderful.
Visit them as often as you can while they are in the NICU (I'm guessing that's where they are because of the low birth weights), trust the dr's and nurses to take excellent care of them, but don't be afraid to ask questions. It won't be long before they are home.
(My "newest" little angel spent 3 weeks in the NICU)

#5 MattV

MattV

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:11 AM

Congratulations to you and the parents, saint.

I saw this thread and was reminded that I hadn't yet told everyone that we became grandparents on Feb. 2.

#6 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:15 AM

Congratulations to all the new Granparents here - X3?

It's an amazing scenario. I echo - enjoy all the time one can muster with the little ones.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#7 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 12:41 PM

Congratulations to all the grandparents and parents!
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#8 saint satin stain

saint satin stain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 01:09 PM

Congratulations Matty. Thank you all.

Yes, they will be in the hospital for a couple of weeks.

I guess grandparents become idealists again

saint satin stain
www.leftinalabama.com

#9 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:51 PM

Congratulations! The little one's are a joy to behold and will be for many years (until they start asking for your car!)
My best wishes to you and the rest of the family. Grandkids make you view life a little bit differently (I've got 3 1/2)
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:57 PM

Congratulations saint satin stain and MattV,best of fortune and enjoy the blessings.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#11 MattV

MattV

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:35 PM

Congratulations! The little one's are a joy to behold and will be for many years (until they start asking for your car!)
My best wishes to you and the rest of the family. Grandkids make you view life a little bit differently (I've got 3 1/2)

By the time he's old enough to drive, I just might need him to drive me around. And push my wheelchair. :thumbsup:

#12 saint satin stain

saint satin stain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:17 AM

mattv, usasma,
No car, but two bicycles in Huntsville and one in NYC. I'll buy them bicycles.

saint satin stain
www.leftinalabama.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users