Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suggestion For Tool To Be Included In Preparation For Logs Section

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:09 PM

may I suggest that the useful tool superantispyware from http://www.superantispyware.com/superantis...efreevspro.html

is included in the Preparation Guide for HJT logs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 05 February 2008 - 08:30 PM

Are we still recommending Ad-Aware, seeing as they are drifting to the 'dark side'?
http://securitygarden.blogspot.com/2008/01...-dark-side.html
Derfram
~~~~~~

#3 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 06 February 2008 - 01:51 PM

I think a lot of malware helper's are now avoiding ad-aware also i think avg-as is also losing backing within the malware community.
As for sas i have never liked it and would not recommend anyone to use it,but that is just my opinion.
The reason i think that is ,some people believe that sas is the be all and end all in solving malware problem's( no one here thankfully).
And it is not

Edited by mz30, 06 February 2008 - 01:52 PM.

god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

#4 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 06 February 2008 - 02:01 PM

yea, security apps are on a move. I no longer link to Zonealarm. SAS is a great tool IMHO and I used to have contact to the developer too. Very friendly and helpful guy. Those who think there is the "all in one software for every purpose" are just ignorant. There is none such thing and there will never be such thing. Unfortunately do a lot of people not knowledgable enough on virus / malware related stuff, that they think all is good as soon as the popups stop :thumbsup:.

Anyway, as ruby will be able to tell from the other thread, the preparation guide is under maintanance or "soon to be maintained" and I am sure the boss has a fair idea in what way this will end up being. Lets think of it as a christmas present and wait for the surprise when unwrapped :D

"How did I get infected?" - "Safe-hex" - Member of UNITE -
Posted Image

#5 Fredil Yupigo

Fredil Yupigo

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:37 PM

IMO, SAS is also a good tool. It has a nice high detection rate, matched only by AVGAS. I think they're both good, as long as there's only one and it's used properly.

Ad-Aware... well, it's just losin' it! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users