Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor screen has green cast. HELP!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hunnybunny

hunnybunny

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 17 July 2004 - 07:32 PM

My screen has turned a greenish cast. This happened several months ago and then finally returned to normal. It's about 4 years old - does this mean it's dying a slow death? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 17 July 2004 - 09:43 PM

There is a good chance that it is just getting old and starting to fail. Did it go back to normal on its own or did you give it a few well placed smacks?

#3 dirtfarmer

dirtfarmer

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2004 - 09:52 PM

i also im have a problem with my G72-R 17" Monitor - Refurbished color look good for most thing but when i play a dvd or game it has a greenish tint to screen, and i do not know why
but yet when i put a color bar you color look normal

#4 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 24 November 2004 - 10:03 PM

:flowers: hunnybunny

Yes, it sounds like your monitor is going out. I would say that it would not last more then another year, but it could go out as little as a few months.

:thumbsup: dirtfarmer

Your problem does not sound like the same thing. Yours may be application related. Have you updated the DVD drivers? Maybe even the video card drivers could use an update.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#5 dirtfarmer

dirtfarmer

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2004 - 10:26 PM

i have all the newist driver ay viseo and direct x, as you need them for 3d in game

just when t you think ther nothing wronf, as color is ok you play a dvd or play a game and ther the greeish tint again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users