Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Outlook

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jeremiahbear

jeremiahbear

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 05 February 2008 - 05:37 PM

When I am using Microsoft Outlook (not Outlook Express), and I am addressing a new email, when I hit any letter, say "a" for example, it pops up a quick reference for all the "a's". Some of these addresses are dead or I typed them in incorrectly at the time. Is there any way to edit these? They do not show up in the contacts list. I have already looked there and I feel like I have exhausted the tools and view and all other toolbar options.

Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum and edited topic title~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 06 February 2008 - 01:14 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jeremiahbear

jeremiahbear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 04:42 PM

Well, I was hoping someone else had run into this. I know I can't be the only person that has old addresses that need to be cleared out. I figured it was one of those common knowledge things that I just didn't know. That is usually how it goes.

#3 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 08 February 2008 - 07:38 AM

Hi jeremiahbear.
The usuall way is to use your keyboard only.
In outlook, bring up the list, arrow down to the one you want to delete, press the delete key.
If it doesn't work, use N2KCSV, free download from here.
To use, double click the .exe, click the "browse" button, then double click the appropriate "outlook.n2k" file, it brings up the list and will let you remove individual addresses.

#4 jeremiahbear

jeremiahbear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:46 AM

No, the keyboard way worked great!! Thanks for the help. That is exactly what I was wanting to do. Thanks for your help.

#5 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 15 February 2008 - 08:35 AM

You're welcome. :thumbsup:
Might want to download the tool just in case. The keyboard thing doesn't always work.
It has no installer and doesn't use up any HD space. (under 1mb)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users