Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yet Another Annoying Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xtinctss

xtinctss

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:31 PM

When gaming, not heavy by any means (Pet vet 2 for my daughter!) the mouse is sluggish and jumpy. I really don't know how she doesn't lose her temper with this thing! IT drives me nuts. Anyway, is there a known issue with some games? Is there a fix for mouse issues in vista?

System is:

Acer L100
250 g HHD
2 gig memory
500 g external HHD via USB 2.0
2 Acer Ferarri F-20 Monitors (one VGA and the other DVI per existing outputs running DisplyFusion)
HP 7550 printer with HP 5550 driver (Per HP and MS)
HP ScanJet 4370
Logitech 7.1 surround sound via existing audio
Logitech BT mouse and keyboard (Mx900/cordless elite)
Standard logitech optical whell mouse. (No model number on it)
Operating system is Vista Ultimate upgrade to Vista Home Premium. 32 bit version.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,073 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 05 February 2008 - 05:01 PM

I noticed issues with this at work one day (my wife's a vet) - but wasn't able to troubleshoot it.

I'd suggest keeping an eye on Task Manager...Processes tab for when it locks up. While in Task Manager, click on View, then on Select Columns. Select the item labelled IO Reads (to monitor your hard drive accesses) and click OK to exit the dialog. Then click on the column headers (CPU, Memory, and IO Reads) to see what's holding up the process.

Also, check in your Event Viewer under Windows Logs. Look at Application and System logs in particular. To get there, go to Start and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Let us know of any errors around or just before the time it starts to lock up.

Just a thought - but you mention 2 mouses (meeces?) - are both hooked up at the same time?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 xtinctss

xtinctss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:09 PM

Yes both are hooked up at one time. I removed the BT garbage this evening. I still have the same issue. Could it be that both plugged in at one time is an issue? I now have 2 standard optical mice plugged in.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,073 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:32 PM

Well, it can't be helping. This sounds like a resource problem (some resource isn't available, so the mouse will lurch about as Windows tries to keep up with it).

Try disconnecting everything from the computer that you can, then shut down all the programs that are running (both in the Task Bar and in the System Tray (Notification Area - by the clock) to see if that makes things better.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 xtinctss

xtinctss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:45 PM

Will try. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users